Monday, January 5, 2009

My Music, 2008

In no particular order, the music that made 2008 great:
(in other words, everything I bought this year)


Cadillac Sky, Gravity's Our Enemy
Sugarland, Love on the Inside
Chuck Wicks, Starting Now
Jason Mraz, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
Elevation, Strangelove
White Light Riot, Atomism
Phil Vassar, Prayer of a Common Man
Keri Noble, Fearless
Keith Urban, 19 Kids
Taylor Swift, Fearless
Michael Buble, Call Me Irresponsible
Trisha Yearwood, Heaven, Heartache and the Power of Love
Josh Ritter, The Historical Conquests
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride
The Decemberists, The Crane Wife
Matt Nathanson, Some Mad Hope
Ingrid Michaelson, Be Ok
Ingrid Michaelson, Girls and Boys
Blue Moon Rising, Blue Moon Rising
Cherryholmes, Cherryholmes II Black and White
Punch Brothers, Punch
Lori McKenna, Unglamorous
Bethany Dick, Bethany Dick



Some of this music I was obviously slow to catch on to, but mostly not. I also realize by looking at this that my musical taste really has broadened. I wonder what next year's list will look like...

And of course, that's not all I listened to-- that's just the new stuff. Other music that definitely had its place was

Martina McBride, Waking Up Laughing
Colbie Caillat, Coco
Sara Bareilles, Little Voice
John Mayer, Continuum
...among others


New so far this year, 2009:

Ari Hest, Someone to Tell
Josh Kelley, Almost Honest
Rebecca Lynn Howard, No Rules
Jon McLaughlin, OK Now

And you could count the Decemberists and the Matt Nathanson albums as 2009 albums, really, since I got them both for Christmas and really started listening to them after the new year.


What's on your 2008 list?

1 comment:

CIP said...

I love Ingrid Michaelson...she was definitely new for me in 2008. John Mayer has always been on my list and will continue to be :)