Friday, November 7, 2008

Pour Some Sugar on Taylor

If I ever get to do a CMT Crossroads, I want it to be with Jason Mraz. The man is just inspiring.

There are two reasons I bring this up:

1. The countdown to Jason Mraz at the Myth in Minneapolis is TWELVE days. I'm so incredibly excited.

2. I just watched Crossroads with Taylor Swift and Def Leppard.

I am a huge Taylor fan and a sort of passive Def Leppard listener. I won't turn them off if I hear them on the radio (not that I ever listen to the radio, especially classic rock radio) but I'm not a huge believer either. Somehow, though, these two artists worked together. It was incredible.

And I have to say, Taylor has shown some major improvement since the last time I saw her perform live (I mean, never live in person, sad! but live on TV). I fell in love with her because for a sixteen year old, that girl could write a song. The vocals were never, in my opinion, anything to write home about, but the songs themselves along with the production on the first album were pretty damn good. So I became a believer and just accepted the fact that I was a fan of the songwriter, not the singer, if that makes any sense to you. I don't know if that girl has a vocal coach or if she's just finally coming into her own as a singer, or hey-- both, but tonight I became a little bit of a fan of Taylor, the singer. She still sounds like Taylor-- she always sounded like Taylor-- but she sounds more confident, more relaxed, LESS PITCHY, and More Than Just Alright For Me, Dawg.

And this concert was released JUST IN TIME for her brand new album release! What coincidental timing!

Fearless drops on Tuesday, friends. Go buy it.

As for me, I'll be waiting for a little extra money to come in, but it will be mine eventually.
Until then I'll be counting down the days til I can see Jason Mraz live in person, and then possibly til the day I do my very own Crossroads with The Geek in the Pink, The Wizard of Oohs and Aahs and Fa-la-las, The Curbside Prophet himself.

The Remedy is the experience...

No comments: