Sunday, October 5, 2008

Psh. It Happens.

No, this isn't the post in which I tell you how absolutely incredible Cadillac Sky's Gravity's Our Enemy is. And Oh My, is it. It's also not the post where I thoughtfully lay out every soulful sound of Keri Noble's Fearless. Life's been full and it's been hard to find the moments needed to do these collections of music justice. Also, I was thinking today, have I ever done a good run-down of Blue Moon Rising's One Lonely Shadow? Because that should be added to the list too.

What I really came here to tell you is that I just picked up Sugarland's Love on the Inside. I've only listened to the first three songs so far, but already I think it's my favorite album of theirs so far, and glancing through the songwriting credits, it looks like Jennifer and Kristian wrote all of the tracks on the basic edition and all but two on the deluxe fan edition. It's got a great sound, is full of energy, and will be a pleasure to listen to over and over again.

Hopefully I can get back to you on this one and the others soon.

On a final note-This album is in beautiful, beautiful, cardstock packaging. I'm now avoiding the plastic jewel cases as one of my tiny contributions to the environment, so seeing this packaged like it was made me a happy girl. Hello Earth! I love you!

1 comment:

Big Sky Girl AKA raeleighjo said...

isn't it the best ever? oh i love it. and "it happens" is SUCH a good pick-me-up song on the drive home from a hard day at work!! :)