Thursday, August 28, 2008

All I Ever Wanted

I've become ENAMORED with Chuck Wicks.

Yes, part of it is the fan-girl in me just swooning over his boyish good looks.
Part of it is the fan-girl in me imagining dancing to "Stealing Cinderella" with my dad at my and Chuck's wedding (don't judge).

Mostly it's THIS SONG.

I did a little research last night after deciding that my love for this song was much more than passing interest, and it turns out that not only can this boy sing, not only is he mind-numbingly gorgeous, he also WRITES. I have no idea if he actually wrote this song, or co-wrote it perhaps, but I know that a guy that sings and writes and looks like that?

Oh, I have to have that album.

I may be a lot less Country Music than I used to be
but that Montana in me
it'll never go away.

"All I Ever Wanted" is a fantastic song, with a very Rascal Flatts kind of melodic vibe, but with an enthusiasm and a vocal that just seems fresh and genuine. I mean, as far as mainstream country goes, it does seem pretty typical when intelligent review is attemtped-- but it caught my attention and that's hard to do in country music anymore.

So I definitely recommend it.
Especially if you're a girl who loves a pretty boy.
And an amazing song, executed perfectly, of course.

No comments: