Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Like Johnny and June

New music to discuss at some point in the near future:

Michael Buble's Call Me Irresponsible
Jason Mraz's We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
Phil Vassar's Prayer of a Common Man, revisited...

But for now, I just turned on country radio, something, as you know, I only do on occasion, and heard a song I'd been told to keep my ears open for: a song called Johnny and June.

The song is the latest from Heidi Newfield, former front girl of Trick Pony. I spent the entire song trying to figure out who that voice belonged to, and never really put my finger on it, because the style is definitely different than the Trick Pony style. However, it's a great song, and the lyrics are just... well... perfect.


Heidi Newfield: Johnny & June EPK

No comments: