Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grammy Nominees are in...

And does it come as a surprise to anyone that I'm completely thrilled about Jason Mraz's nomination for the song of the year Grammy?

Well, then you just don't know me very well.

I'm a little torn because Sara Bareilles is also nominated in that category, and it's (as far as I know) the only nomination for each of them, and she's definitely my girl, Sara is, but I think I just gotta go with Jason on this one. I've loved "I'm Yours" since the moment I downloaded the mp3 of someone's cheap live recording in 2004, and every version I've heard since has made me fall even deeper in love with Jason and with the song. He finally put it on an album because his fans kept asking him to. That's a great reason for whoever makes the Grammy choices to choose Jason-- this song isn't just song of the year, it's possibly song of his career. It has taken on a life of its own.

Way to go, J.
Will you be mine? 'Cause I'm yours.

No comments: